Hotel and Restaurant „Wern’s Mühle“
The original mill was built in 1841 by a descendant of Swiss immigrants named Adam Wern. It only housed the basic mill facility. From 1852 on, more and more buildings were added to the mill, such as stables and a residence. The residence was rebuilt and revamped over time and reached its final form, today’s country cottage, in 1877. Since the mill was only up and running for roughly half the year, during the rapeseed harvest, the Wern family relied on farming as their main source of income until the 1950s, when farming too had to be abandoned as too unprofitable. A restaurant, in family hand since 1902, became the sole source of income then. After World War II, Willi and Hedwig Wern expanded the restaurant, transforming it into the day-trip destination which enjoys immense transregional popularity: „Wern’s Mühle“. In 2012, the restaurant was sold to well-known slow food chef Markus Keller and his wife Theresia. Following extensive renovation works, the country cottage „Wern’s Mühle“ reopened, offering not only a delicious upscale cuisine but also newly restored guestrooms – a perfect spot to visit for some rest and relaxation, gourmet-style.