Jewish Cemetery in Illingen
The Jewish cemetery was built in 1747 and enlarged in 1905 and again in 1923. Until 1831, the deceased of the Jewish communities Neunkirchen and Ottweiler were buried here as well. In 1938, during the reign of National Socialism, the cemetery was destroyed, one year later, the tombstones were removed and the terrain was bought by the political community. In 1949, the cemetery was rebuilt in large parts and the following inscription was engraved on a memorial: "The synagogue community of Illingen: In honoring memory of its destroyed place of worship, its departed and all victims of violence … Set up by the synagogue community Saar, 1949"