St. Mary’s Chapel in Hüttersdorf
The chapel is dedicated to Mary, Mother of God, who protected the town of Hüttersdorf from damage and destruction during World War II. It is also meant as a monument of gratitude for the soldiers who returned home unscathed. In 1948 pastor Johannes Schill ordered the chapel to be built on an old cemetary. Standing on a hill, it overlooks the surrounding landscape. The interior has been thoughtfully designed with much love for detail. The façade seems well taken care of and in good shape.