Chapel of the Saviour in Mirbach
the historic chapel, which dates back to 1903, sits atop a little, grassy hill in the small and quiet Eifel village of Mirbach. A slightly sloped meadow path leads to and from the chapel. Access road and paved forecourt in front of the chapel, cemetery next to it. The main entrance is located on the side facing the slope. The impressive, atmospheric interior of the Neo-Romanesque chapel is richly adorned with wall mosaics. 8 rows of seats to the left and to the right of the nave. Next to the altar: private loge of Lieutenant Commander Baron von Mirbach (builder of the chapel) and adjoining sacristy. The loge and the sacristy can be reached respectively by two further entrances located at the front side of the chapel.