In the heart of the three-country-border, at the threshold of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium, the feudal fortress had initially been built to defend the nearby medieval town of Rodemack. Even though the original fortification was destroyed in 1680, the dimensions of the former domain can still be imagined with the help of the moats that have been preserved and incorporated in the impressive landscape park of today's castle. Built by Conrad de Soetern and Marguerite de Merode at the beginning of the 17th century, the château consists of two separate entities. With its 17th and 18th century dependencies, the whole site is designed as two u-shapes with two courtyards, that of the château and that of the farmstead. Since 1986, Château de Preisch is listed on the inventory of historic monuments, along with the feudal moat and ditches, the Seigniorial Cross, the dovecote and the gate-houses. The domain of Preisch presently stretches over 170 hectares enclosed by a 7 km wall which surrounds the landscape park, pastures, sheep, a kitchen garden, etc.