Agricultural Domain Dösterhof
An agricultural domain probably dating all the way back to Roman times must have existed on this very site. Pieces of a Roman millstone were found in the creek that runs below what once was a farm on the Roman Road which led from Trier via Zerf, Weiskirchen, Wadern, the agricultural domain Dösterhof and Altland to Tholey. Dösterhof was a sheep farm all throughout the 18th century. In 1915, a family restaurant was opened. From 1955 to 1958, a church was built on the domain, dedicated to Our Lady of Fatima. Until 2011, Dösterhof remained leased out to agriculturists, who for the most part practised general arable and dairy cattle farming. In November 2011, the Blasius family bought Dösterhof and converted it into a popular getaway destination, complete with holiday flats and a varied year-round programme of cultural activities.